What We Do In This Class:
We are very concerned with the well being & education of our children. Our unique children's program uses interesting, enjoyable methods to keep the student's attention & teach our young students skills that they can use for life. We promote non-violent resolutions to conflict.
We are one of the ONLY schools in the area which specializes in the science of Neuroplasticity (how the brain and neurons form} and the Stages of Development for Age Groups (also known as PIES. Physical, intellectual, emotional and social).
- Physical Development. More than any other activity, Martial Arts gives the chance to explore innate abilities, increase in strength, flexibility, endurance, balance, & harmony. Physical skills act as a foundation of value skills, mental & spiritual.
- Self Esteem. Students will learn to move outside of their comfort zone, take on more difficult moves & skills. Watch as your child develops the skills to open any door life has to offer.
- Improved Focus. They learn to make eye contact(and not just in the dojo), engage their bodies in a way that brings about involvement & using their minds to listen & learn. They pay greater attention to what others say. They learn what's needed, along with the skill to "zero in" on critical tasks at hand.
- Powerful Self-Control. They will learn to refuse to give in to negative peer pressure, control their physical & emotional bodies, gain a deeper respect for rules, why they are necessary & how they apply in all areas.
- Inspiring Role-Model Teachers. All of this couldn't happen unless we had the very best teachers. To make sure we have the very best, each of our teachers have years of experience in our system & been thoroughly trained in positive teaching methods.
- Respect. Through the PSMA method of instruction, your children will learn philosophy & customs to build strong relationships based on friendship & mutual respect. "To get respect one must first give respect"
- Discipline. Our students learn to develop self-control, self-motivation & perseverance through martial arts discipline.
- Goal Setting. Setting goals is the "road map" of life. On the road towards a Black Belt, the PSMA student gains the experience & motivation for success by earning progressively higher belt ranks. Success is the reward for goal setting.
- Self-Defense. And of course they will learn effective & powerful self-defense skills, (after all, we are a Martial Arts School), as well as the fundamental attitudes appropriate to those tools. The basic attitudes of a successful martial artist, & a successful person, are confidence, respect, discipline, goal setting & effective leadership.
Studies have shown that...
- Children who learn self-defense become more assertive and less aggressive.
- Children who know how to defend themselves usually don't have to, because they carry themselves in a more confident manner, and confidence alone is a deterrent to bullies
- When you combine Self-Discipline + Self-Defense, you get:
- Self-Confidence. Being Self-confident means - your child believing in himself / herself. This is easy to do when your child has the self-discipline to achieve goals. The self-defense skills to back him / her up so he / she doesn't have to feel intimidated to stand up for what he / she believes.
- Healthy Body - Healthy Mind. Television, Soft drinks, Video Games, & Fast Food, these are just a few of the challenges children face today. Combine these with a decrease in school gym classes, it's easy to see why weight problems and obesity among children have more than doubled in our country in the last twenty years.
We help children develop a healthy mind and body, so they have the energy and fitness to face life's challenges, and succeed.
If this sounds like serious stuff, don't worry! Our children's classes are taught in a safe, fun & exciting environment, where students are not compared to each other, but rather progress at their own pace. The competition is "from oneself to oneself".
It's easy! Take our 2 FREE Class Trial. Have your son or daughter try our Trial Program. Our tuition for our programs ranges from $139 to $159 per month, depending upon the program and plan selected.
Monday thru Thursday 615PM to 7PM
Prepare Your First Class
After you register for your FREE class Trial, you will receive an email with a link to book your first class. You will need to bring with you:
- Wear light workout clothes (shorts are ok)
- Wear easily removable shoes (flip flops/crocs/sandals)
- A Water Bottle (we offer FREE refills)