PRE - SKILLS PROGRAM
Our Basic Skillz programs, designed by Child Development Expert, Melody Johnson, especially for our 5 to 6 year olds. Basic Skillz, a world wide accredited program, is where little ones build the foundation needed to progress to more challenging programs like our Juniors Core Program. Children at this age learn at a fast pace, but without consistent training and practice, can also forget just as fast! This class currently takes place every Saturday from 1015AM to 1045AM. The first two class are FREE to try and then only $50 per month after that!
We are one of the ONLY schools in the area which specializes in the science of Neuroplasticity (how the brain and neurons form} and the Stages of Development for Age Groups (also known as PIES. Physical, intellectual, emotional and social), known as SKILLZ!
We have taken the first three ranks of our Juniors Core Curriculum and broken it down into smaller bite size pieces, removing several "advanced" techniques. Our primary focus for children this age is as follows:
- Improving listening skills and following directions. This age is exploring, trying to understand the "why's" of things. We help them learn to follow directions while helping them to understand how things build upon each other.
- Learning about respect and why it is important. Children often times learn rules at a specific place, like school or daycare, but need help understanding that those same rules apply in all places. We teach them that it is proper to respect themselves and others.
- Work on hand eye coordination and mobility. At this age, children are still attempting to understand the limitations of their bodies and how to challenge those. In a safe fun environment, we teach children about how their bodies work and how to develop much needed physical skills.
- Develop better focus. With a world that has so many things competing for children's attention, learning the foundation of how to focus on a task is more important than ever.
- Raising self confidence. It has been said that children are born with all the confidence in the world, it is the world that takes it away. We teach children that confidence is intrinsic, that it comes from within, not from other people and the world at large.
- Improving social skills. In the world of texting and social media, it is becoming more important than ever for our youth to learn social interaction skills
- Learning important life skills. The skills we teach our children now are the skills they will rely on later in life.
- Have fun in a safe, exciting and positive environment.
Just like our other programs, Basic Skillz is based on a progressive curriculum designed to build skills upon each other in a consistent manner. Students will learn that their progression is based on hard work and practice to achieve each goal.